Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Night Strangers

Author: Chris Bohjalian
Date: 7/21/2012

This book was pretty unique for books that I've read in the past, it could be just that I've never strayed into this genre before but none the less, it kept me entertained.

The Night Strangers centers around a group of quasi-witches (herbalist) who have a recipe that requires harm to another but comes with great benefits for those who drink it. The book progresses pretty straight forward, tragedy -> change of lifestyle -> weird witchcraft -> really unexpected ending.

I gave the book a B mainly because it wasn't a page turner for me, took me about a month to read 375 pages but the payoff at the end was pretty solid. The writing style was simple, the story was unique, the characters well developed.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend the book to most of the people I talk to but, it's different, and if you're into different, this book is worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment